Solo 220.127.116.11 is a maintenance update which delivers fixes to user reported problems with previous releases of the software. This version of Solo is compatible with Windows versions: 2K/XP/Vista/Win 7/Win 8 & Win10. We encourage all users to update to this version of Solo.
Fixes to Solo 18.104.22.168 delivered in this Update:
- Exporting to PowerPoint 2016 (MSO16) fails during export function initialization while "connecting to MS-PowerPoint". Changes in the Automation (OLE/Com) functionality in PPT2016 (specifically in InitTextDefaults where changing default text object settings is no longer permitted) caused an error in the Solo to PPT interface. This has been corrected.
Fixes to Solo 4.6.4 delivered in this Update:
- Modified fix to PowerPoint 2013 export issue to also apply to PowerPoint 2010.
- Corrected issue with the "Selected Pages", "All Pages" controls disappearing from the File Export Dialog when the Solo application window is "Maximized".
Fixes to Solo 22.214.171.124 delivered in this Update:
- Exporting to PowerPoint 2013 fails during export function initialization. Changes in the Automation (OLE/Com) functionality in PPT 2013 (specifically to SetVisible property of FillFormat and FrameLineFormat objects) caused an error in the Solo to PPT interface. This has been corrected.
- When initiating the export to PPT process, the PowerPoint application is supposed to open in the background without a visible window. In PPT 2013 the logic of the "withWindow" parameter in the AddPresentation call appears to have been reversed. Prior to PPT 15 (2013) passing msoTrue would cause the application to open without a window, in PPT 15 passing msoFalse is required. This has been corrected.
- The Solo Registry Updater (used to switch the default version of Solo, if more than one installed) is now a 32-bit application. (Prior installers were inadvertently installing a 16-bit version.)
- The Solo 4.6 project has been ported to the latest version of Microsoft's C++ compiler (Microsoft Visual Studio 2012). As a consequence, the minimum operating system requirement for Solo 4.6.4, and later versions, is now Windows 2000. Windows 95 and 98 are no longer supported.
- Solo 4.6.4, compiled with VS2012, is now considered a "modern", as opposed to "legacy", application. As such, Solo runs with only "User" privileges and "Read Only" access to files which reside in the "Solo 4.n" application folder. All Solo documentation, and the Template File, have been moved out of the Solo Application folder and into a "Solo 4.n" directory inside the user's My Documents folder.
- Changes to the Windows 8 user interface, specifically the removal of the Start menu, has necessitated some changes to the structure of the Solo program Group (now visible in the Win 8 "All Apps" view. To avoid clutter in the All Apps display, all program group links, except the Solo application, have been removed. These documents are now accessible in the new "Solo 4.n" folder found in the user's My Documents folder.
Fixes to Solo 4.6.3 delivered in this Update:
- Exporting drawings, or charts, containing arcs to PowerPoint was resulting in mal-formed arc shapes in the PowerPoint document. This problem was first corrected in Solo 4.5.8, but reappeared in the Solo 4.5.9 release due to a bug in the PPT version checking logic guarding the original fix. This has been corrected.
Fixes to Solo 4.6.2 delivered in this Update:
- The startup screen was incorrectly displaying Power Macintosh instead of Windows. This has been corrected.
- A problem displaying font menus on Windows Vista and Windows 7 where the font list would extend beyond the bottom of the screen, rendering some fonts inaccessible, has been corrected.
- Windows 7 sets the default folder permissions on all folders in the Program Files directory to Read Only which prevents Solo from writing to the Solo Temp Files and Preferences folders stored in the Solo 4.n folder. Solo now uses SHGetFolderPath to determine where to store application data as recommended by Microsoft. As of Windows 7 this means that these folders are now typically stored in:C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\AxonInc\Solo\4.5\
- A problem with rotated text "disappearing" on Windows machines with large (2GB+) amounts of memory has been corrected.
- The Chart menu, in the Page Editor view, has been modified to more accurately reflect the available axis settings for the currently selected chart. For Scatter, X-Y and Bubble charts, which display 2 scale axis, the Chart menu now shows "X-Axis Settings..." and "Y-Axis Settings...". Previously, the menu displayed "Baseline Axis..." and "Scale Axis..." which was confusing, since these charts have 2 scale axis.
- A problem with exporting Solo content to a non-PowerPoint format (e.g. .GIF, .JPG, .PNG, etc.) with PowerPoint 2003 or 2007 installed has been corrected.
- A screen update issue, during the application start-up process, when running Solo on Windows 7 with the Aero Glass interface truned on, has been corrected.
Fixes to Solo 4.6.1 delivered in this Update:
- A problem which prevented exporting Solo documents to PowerPoint 2007 has been corrected.
- An incompatibility between Solo and the Japanese version of Windows Vista which caused the text input window not to be displayed when composing Kanji text, has been fixed.
- Improved scrolling behavior on new very fast PCs. We now limit scroll speed to improve control when scrolling by pages as well as lines.
- A problem with incorrect line spacing when exporting text to PowerPoint using the MS PGothic font on a Japanese system has been corrected.
- Corrected a display problem when entering edit mode on the message text of an empty storyboard cell in the Windows version. The cell structure was drawn with the incorrect color.
- The Preferences and Solo Temp File dirctories, previously created in the Windows directory, are now located in the Solo application directory in the Windows version of Solo. This allows Solo to be run without modifications on Standard User (non-Administrative) accounts.
- When installing Solo for the first time the Template Format default is now initialized to "Standard" as opposed to "Unspecified". This avoids new users having to know to select a layout format before placing their first template.
- It is now possible to export rotated Picture objects to PowerPoint 2007 in the Windows version of Solo.
- Improved handling of complex formatted text blocks when exporting to PowerPoint.
Fixes to Solo 4.6.0 delivered in this Update:
- The application name displayed in the application window bar was incorrectly indicating Solo 4.5J, it now shows the correct, Solo 4.6J, name.
- A problem with two edit menu items being mislabeled and not functioning properly, has been corrected.
- Menu key support has been added allowing users to navigate the application's main menu bars using Alt-key combinations.
If you have questions, contact Axon Technical Support at: